Saturday, November 13, 2010

Project 5, Part A - Sketches

For Project 5, we must create a 3D object. I decided to create a building. As Part A of the project, we had to sketch 3 views (top, side, front) of the object we plan to create in Google SketchUp. I decided to create a contemporary college campus. The skinny part of the building would have all the classrooms. Even though it doesn't look like it, the tubular objects around the building are floating (objects don't have to be realistic) and they would be used for student dorms. The top of the building is covered with solar panels to save energy (trying to be green!).

I know we weren't supposed to get too complicated, but I couldn't help myself. Hopefully, it's not to complicated to create in Sketchup! I attached my sketches below. Hope you like them.

Front and Top View

Side View

1 comment:

  1. What a neat idea! That would definitely make for a shorter commute to class, which I know college students would appreciate! Can't wait to see how it turned out in SketchUp. :)

    ReplyDelete