Friday, October 15, 2010

George Grie - Neo Surrealism

Arrested Expansion or Cardiac Arrest by George GrieI noticed one thing about my project on Surrealism--that all the artists I represented in my presentation were all basically deceased.  That got me thinking.  I wondered if there were any modern day Surrealist artists.  I came across one that caught my attention for a few reasons.  George Grie, an artist influenced by artists such as Salvador Dali (one of the most famous Surrealist artists), created quite interesting a beautiful neo Surrealist works of art.  Some are dark and unusual and others seemingly based on fantasy worlds; all have a 3D effect (which reminded me of Project 5 in CAT 111).  I was excited to see him creating such art and adding his own twist making his art truly original.  I provided a couple examples (one image above and one image below).  Enjoy!!
 
Dreams of Flying or Sleep Paralysis by George Grie 

2 comments:

  1. you are invited to follow my blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you were the one who beat me to picking surrealism! I was a little late, so I can't complain. I am also fascinated with it and it is my favorite type of art. I love the organic and dream like theme of it all: like an escape from reality.

    ReplyDelete