Sunday, December 5, 2010

Project 5, Part B - Google SketchUp

Full front view
We are winding down to the end of the semester and I just finished the last part of my final project.  I posted the sketches of my building (a college campus) a while back and now I'm posting the final product created in Google SketchUp.  This took me a long time to create.  I didn't get in all of the details you may see in the sketches, but I think I included the most important sections.  My main reason for the differences between the sketches and the final SketchUp images was my problem finding the right items in the 3D Warehouse.  I couldn't find the right kind of windows (probably because I wasn't sure how to search for what I needed).  For the solar panels on the top of the building and the windows on the skinny, tall section of my building, I used a fill in the tiles folder.  I just changed the color and opacity (for the windows) to seem like solar panels and windows.   I placed my building right next to the Inner Harbor in Baltimore City.  I think it turned out well.  Overall, I'm pretty happy with my design.  I got much closer to my sketches than expected.  I posted a few views of my building in SketchUp above and below.  I hope you like them!!

Left side view

Lower front view


Top view

1 comment:

  1. Wow! This looks amazing! You really took on a lot, and still executed it flawlessly. The circular tubes must have been tricky to tackle.

    Great job!

    -Rosie

    ReplyDelete