Saturday, October 30, 2010

Project 4 - Video Remix

For Project 4, I created a video remix using Adobe Premiere Pro and videos found on www.archive.org. The topic for my video remix was world hunger. I chose about 5 videos which I felt would really help me get my message across to my audience. From those videos, I pulled my favorite clips and audio to build a strong and effective video. I'm very happy with the results.

I'd never used Premiere Pro before, so this was a great learning experience. The process could be quite tedious at times, but I still had fun creating the video. For my audio, I used Return to Innocence by Enigma. I pulled the beginning of the song in to introduce the video, then I pulled a section from the middle to give a better effect during the rest of the video. As for clips, the images were pulled from the various videos I used. The statistics, facts and quotes were from the videos as well, but I recreated them with my own text for quality purposes.

While I never would have thought to make this type of video on my own, I'm glad we were assigned to do so. World hunger is an unfortunate, unnecessary fact of life for so many people. The project inspired me to find ways to help, and I hope it has the same effect on anyone who watches it.

To see the end result, play the video below...

No comments:

Post a Comment